Understanding the world’s culture
20th anniversary edition of the classic, figuring foreigners out
By: Craig Storti
Social Science/Business & Economics
This is the 20th Anniversary edition of the classic, Figuring Foreigners Out.
Craig Storti is a renowned expert in intercultural communications whose approaches are highly practical and based on his decades of experience as an intercultural trainer throughout the world.
This hands-on resource can be used as a self-paced guide or in a facilitated (work or academic course) environment. The book enables readers to encounter and confront culture head on, to interact with and respond to it. In the process, culture will become something real and alive, something to deal with, not merely think about.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
1. New introduction by the author highlighting changes in approaches since 1998!
2. A diagnostic quiz at beginning and end touching on all major elements discussed in the book. Before working through the exercises, readers get a score. They take the quiz again at the end of the book to see how much they've learned and where improvement is needed.
3. A new exercise to begin chapter 1 and a revised introduction
4. Revision of Exercise 5.1, The Cross-Cultural Perspective: Description or Interpretation
5. Addition of a new exercise in Chapter 5 based on Bennet's Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity and new chapter introduction
6. Revised continuums (with regional/country locations) to reflect research done since 1st edition.
7. Updates throughout to ensure content is up-to-date and reflects current standards