Counter Mentor Leadership
How to Unlock the Potential of the 4-Generation Workplace
By: Kelly Riggs & RObby Riggs
Coaching/ Mentoring/ Leadership
Dynamic father and son team bring just the right balance of banter, energy, passion and substance to the topic of leadership development with an emphasis on the skills required to lead today's multi-generational workforce.
This book is the result of over three decades of combined experience from Kelly and Robby Riggs-dynamic, occasionally irreverent, always insightful, father (Boomer) and son (Millennial), who work with organizations grappling daily with multi-generational conflict. Through their collaboration, Kelly and Robby share their very different perspectives on the same problems most companies are STILL dealing with, but haven't had the courage or the tools, to address. Issues such as: a shocking lack of leadership skills; the culture-killing generational divide that is demolishing many companies; and the stunning, often unrecognized impact of technology on the workplace.
In their "shamelessly funny, brilliantly written" debut book, Kelly and Robby:
· Discuss today's workplace dynamics, including the changes in communication modes, the influx of technology, and the impact of Millennials and Digital Natives
· Explain how a one-sided approach to leadership focused on "managing" Millennials is grossly insufficient, resulting in an inability to attract and retain critical young talent
· Explore the new challenges of leadership inherent with the explosion of technology-time compression, distractions, complexity and the pace of change
· Reveal how old leadership challenges persist, and explore how the younger generation will expose those challenges more than ever
· Detail the CounterMentor leadership model and prescribe specific tactics and techniques for addressing both old and new leadership issues